The Release of the DataAssist Version 4 Beta Program
The DataAssist Beta Program for version 4 was opened on the 22nd July 2013, with a launch party and an updated website for the new version and its branding. The launch was attended by select clients and expert business intelligence partners at DataAssist’s Woodmead offices.
DataAssist 4 is the next major version of DataAssist’s core business intelligence product. Version 4 is a completely re-designed release of the product, taking the successful features from the previous version but redeveloping them from the ground-up to be completely web-based with a large focus on design and usability for users across all skill levels. This first beta-release is intended to consolidate the key new components of the new product:
· Data Model-oriented design allows experts and power users to create their own content without being concerned with the underlying data storage complexities
· Column and row level security on data-sources allows massive re-usability of data models, while guaranteeing confidentiality of data
· Dashboard-oriented design provides users with a consistent and easily mastered way of creating content
· Pure standards-based web architecture eases the deployment and maintenance of the software for small businesses and enterprises.
· Easy deployment of content through the DataAssist portal system makes it nearly effortless to deploy content to end-users, without compromising security requiring complex delivery procedures
This beta release if the first of two before the product goes into major release. The next beta release is scheduled for November 2013 and will contain extended visualization, deployment and data modeling capabilities.
The Objective of the program is to involve existing customers in the further development of DataAssist. “We believe that a BI tool should cater to all the customers’ needs and requirements. Inviting them to test Version 4 drives a stronger relationship between us, the tool and the client. Their feedback, comments and questions are always the driving factors behind the development, so we partner with them to create a product they love to use.” – George Battye CTO of the Edge Evolve Group
If you would like to take part in the DataAssist 4 Beta Program please visit: www.dataassist.co.za/feedback